Thursday, May 27, 2010

Never Underestimate the Power of Walking

Or at least that's what Amy said to me to make me feel better, because I was too hungover to run on my birthday.

Jules and I hit the park and for once, I was the motivator. I was just like Jodi only slightly less evil. Well, maybe. We are still working on getting Jules' endurance up, which is alright, because I was there, too. She hasn't been out with Jodi and I as much, so it's totally understandable. She ran farther than she has ever done and we hit two miles. So, kudos for her. We did some stretching, walked to warmup, ran when we hit the 1 mile marker, and walked/ran the entire time until we reached the 1 mile marker again. I did understand what Jodi has said to me the other day about when you start running longer distances, running two miles will be like no big deal and you will feel like you didn't do anything. Not that I didn't break a sweat or felt like I exercised, but man, I felt like I could do more. So, that was a pretty awesome experience for me. I could actually feel myself getting stronger and more adapted to this whole running thing. But I'm not going to sugarcoat this one, it was hot. The summer is coming and it doesn't make me look forward to longer runs at 6 p.m.

But the best part of me realizing that I am getting in to this whole running thing, my husband was massaging my upper thigh (out of nowhere) last night on the couch. He initiated the walk over to where I was without me saying a word. He said, "You are a runner now and I have to massage out the soreness for you." Who knew that would get me massages from my husband. I would have started this WAY sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.