Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thai Massages, Rodeo, and KISS

This post includes some recent activities that occurred this week that have something...a little bit to do with exercising. I haven't really heard from Jeff (my physical therapist); I should probably call him. Actually, as I was writing this post, they called me to collect money and inform me that I do have an appointment today. Weird.

I'm going to start with the Thai Massage. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life right now and somehow I ended up on a review web thing about this Thai Massage Place that I see on my drive home everyday. My shoulders were extra tense and I thought I would give them a call. What do you know, they had appointments available after work and of course, I signed up. When I got there, I was overwhelmed by the incense, which normally I hate, but it seemed calming for some reason. I met my lady who was this cute, little, short, Tawainese lady. She led me into a room with a big bed...okay, different, but whatever. I stripped down to my undies and got in to the bed (no sheet really). She did a great massage, climbing on my legs and kneading the hot stones into my shoulders and back. I loved the bed, but I hate not having the hole so that you can breath and relax comfortably while said massage is going on around you. My neck hurt, because I kept it to the side to breathe. At times, it was alittle more intimate than I am used to with a massage. And when she turned me over to sit up, the teeny towel fell to expose my melons as she massaged me. It was so weird, but I enjoyed it to an extent. Since it was a big bed, she ate up my time getting off the bed and grabbing lotions, rocks, or whatever. I'm not sure I would go back, because I liked the Thai Massage I did in New York; that woman was all over my body and it was on a massage table. It was more relaxing to me. I think I will stick to Beautique. And I only bring this up, because massages help your muscles, which helps your exercising and running.

Last night, I went to Houston's annual Livestock Show and Rodeo to see KISS. I mention this, because it is a great deal of walking, which is exercising. We did take the bike taxi from the car to the dropoff, but we still had to walk, walk, and walk some more. Of course, we were on the opposite side of the stadium than where we should have been. So, more walking. Stairs, walking, ramps and then repeat at the end of the night. I can say that this is for sure great for me to get this much walking. Thank God, I had my ankle brace on to help out with the excessive walking. The rodeo was also different than I'm used to in years passed. They don't have much of a break between competitions and the barrel racing was greatly shortened. But I have missed watching bull riding and barrel racing. Btw, KISS was awesome. The audio in Reliant Stadium sucks and my theory is that it was made for an open roof. When the roof is closed, it echoes so much that you can barely hear anything, but base. And it's so weird to my friend and I that KISS used to be the devil's music, but now it's for kids. There were so many little children with their faces painted. These little girls next to me knew all the words. Kudos to them, but weird for me.

I'm still going to try to run this week...maybe today, maybe Friday, maybe this weekend. I know for sure that it won't be tomorrow since it's St. Patty's Day! And btw, HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY. Get crazy Irish!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
    mention that I have truly loved surfing around your blog posts.
    After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!


    My homepage - thai spa Johannesburg South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I should have another post soon.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.