Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mini Hiking

It would be a sin to be in Colorado and not do some physical outdoor activity like hiking; however, I'm not sure the guidebooks said to do in steel toed boots and up to see wellpads, pig launchers, valves, and pipelines. I honestly didn't think I was going to go up in the mountain to see our pipeline, but my boss wanted to show me my new project (which I'm totally excited about, but I think my coworkers are still confused and intimidated). We did so much walking around and hiking up small hills (usually full of mud), which is exercise, exercise, exercise. My legs were sore, my ankle hurt, and I was exhausted when I got home. Being able to survive this made me confident about the expected hiking I'm doing with Ashley in 2 weeks when I visit her in California.

Since we got home late from our dinner, I was too tired and didn't sleep well at all. Stupid dry air just kills my nose. So, I slept in this morning and wouldn't you know it, the darn gym was empty. Go Figure!
Took these in December 2010 on the way to our drillsite.

At the top of the Mesa, the valley is where I was located this time around.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.