Thursday, July 22, 2010

Exercise TV Workouts

I'm sorry that it's been awhile since my last post. I haven't really done anything. I trained with the Outlaws on Saturday and we did a total of 10 jumps. It's obvious that I'm using my legs more, because my legs were super sore for two days afterwards. Yipppeeee! Not only is that great for my flying abilities, but it's also great for toning my legs so that they compare to the legs of say super hot model Gisele Bundchen.

Gisele showing off the leg

This week has been a dud when it comes to running. Sunday, we were supposed to run, but I was so sore and a wee bit hungover, I really couldn't muster up the strength to run. I didn't even jump the rest of the day since my body was just so tired. Jodi has been super busy and we just couldn't get a run in on Monday (generally don't do anyways), Tuesday or Wednesday. Now, yes, I could have been awesome and ran on my own, but I wasn't in the mood. I think it's the weather we have been having. It's been storming every single day.

Well, yesterday evening, I was feeling the excess of my eating and drinking, but not working out. I felt...bouncy and not in a good way. So, on my way home (even though I was yawning something fierce), I decided to at least do something in the form of exercise. I pretty much ixnayed the running since the weather looked awful and got pumped up to do those free workouts on OnDemand. I bought some new awesome jeans from Lucky Brand (on sale...even better) that look great on me. However, they are lower and show my fatrolls coming off the edge of the waistline. I deem it the muffin top. As a result, I thought that my abs needed a serious workout.

I hit up the Beach Bikini Abs something or other. Phew! What a quick and intense ab workout. I didn't have a dumbbell, but I just went without it. I never did so many situps. There was one move that I really just couldn't do right; I looked like a sloppy mess. I got done with that and started another one, but it was all about the dumbbell that I just didn't have. So, I moved on to another one. I don't even remember the name, but it was pretty decent. The girl annoyed me, but it felt good and it had similar moves to the Beach Bikini one. Basically, I was a sit up, bicycle ab machine. After that one finished (these were all about 10 minutes long), I went to my favorite, YogaFit Abs. I forgot how hard this one actually is on the abs, but at the same time, you are stretching.

When I survived all of three of those ab workouts, I thought, why not put on a yoga video? I mean, I have my mat already out. I chose Zen in the Den, which was 15 minutes long. I guess I thought it was going to be more on the zen side, but it was not. It started off pretty easy going with the stretching and breathing nonsense, but then she would pick up the speed as she repeated the moves. Each time got faster and faster. She would be on downward dog, while I'm still in cobra trying to figure out where she went. Towards the end, I was getting closer, but not what I was wanting. I wanted a slow moving, serious yoga calming experience, which I undertand is hard anyways in my house since my demon Spawn dog, Cali either wanted to help me or wanted to fight my other dog loudly. I did make it all the way through and really got some great stretching.

And you know what's even better about all that stretching I did, I don't feel like my insides are going to cave in if I laugh or cough. I can feel they got worked, but I can breath normally without dying just alittle bit inside. I need to do that more often, at least once a week.

Next up, my first lunchtime run at Bear Creek Park with Mal and Jodi. I hope it's not storming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.