Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Running with the Original 3...er 3 1/2

Last night, Amy finally (after all these months) planned to join us on our weekday runs. With the uncertainty of the storms, we decided to just run at Bear Creek. I made the final decision, because I would rather be stuck closer to our homes if the storms came than at Memorial Park where it floods pretty bad. So, at 6:30 p.m., we all met for our big run. Only suprise, Amy brought Zaney with her. I didn't know at first how this was going to work since I've only walked with Amy, Zaney, and the stroller. But in the end, it worked out somewhat okay with a few lot of protests from Zaney.

Our plan was to run 6 miles (3 laps around Bear Creek) and 6 miles we did. We actually did 4 miles without stopping (Amy had to stop a few times to get Zaney back in the stroller). When we hit the first mile, I even did the monkey bars again. I couldn't do anymore after that, because my hands were so sweaty. But hey, I DID 4 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!!! Wow! I'm super excited. In fact, we only did 2 very short breaks mainly because I thought my legs were going to give out (they didn't in case you are wondering). All in all, we did the 6 miles in 1 hour and 15 minutes. Not bad for us.

Our goal is to get that down to 1 hour and maybe 5 minutes (probably 10 minutes).

My body ached by the time I got home. I was limping around looking like death. Todd had a great meal ready for me to go with some good protein (chicken) and some pasta. I just wish my bird stomach would have been able to eat it all. I see this as a problem in the future. I'm still super sore this morning, but I can't help checking out my bootay in these pants. Running has really giving me something to look at!

Next up, the Cemetary Run on Thursday. Hopefully, the weather keeps up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.