Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday Morning Running

I'm starting this post out with an explanation of why there was no post about Friday. In my Exercise TV Workouts post, I bragged about how I wasn't that sore from my ab workout on Wednesday, blah blah blah. Yeah, I woke up on Friday morning barely able to move. I couldn't even stand up straight, because my stomach hurt so much. It took 5 minutes to get one cough out. So, I pretty much said I wasn't running. I decided drinking was much better. My husband and Jodi were begging me to just run down the runway, but I just couldn't.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled post...
In a twist of events, I was able to run on Saturday morning. Jodi unusually stayed at the dropzone on Friday evening so that she can get ready for her first competition. I woke up early enough and we decided to just go for it, but we would make it short since she needed to be back and ready to go by 8 a.m.

We did some quick stretching before we started our warm-up walk. Since both Jodi and I haven't been running as much these last couple of weeks, she was ansy to go (and admittedly so was I). When she started running, I did, too and without arguments, complaints, or hissing. Our plan was to just run to the stopsign and turn around, but when we got to the stopsign, we decided to keep on going for the whole 2.2 miles around the dropzone (Jodi is convinced that the run is 3 miles). During this run, we managed to do 5 Farkleks or whatever they are called. She would start running faster and I would follow like a stupid sheep. However, I managed to yell out, "FARKLEK" once and made her follow me. It only happened once.

After we got to that 2 mile marker spray painted on the road, we started our cool down walk. I felt so good afterwards.

I wanted to run on Sunday, but I didn't have anyone to run with since Mal didn't wake up early enough before she left for South Africa and Jodi didn't even show up to the dropzone on Sunday (6 jumps is no joke). Next, we are for sure running tomorrow, but I don't know where.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.