Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Early Early Morning Hotel Treadmill Running

On a side note, I did make it to Grand Junction, Colorado, yesterday late afternoon. Boy, was that airpline ride turbulent.

Since I didn't have to be in the office until 7 a.m. and the office is literally right across the street from the hotel, I decided to get up at my normal time so that I can hit the gym. I believe this is the earliest that I have ever gotten up to run, but I knew that I would not want to run at the end of the day (it's going to be a lonnnnngggg day of meetings). When I got in there, I honestly didn't think anyone would be up nor did I think that it would be busy. Wrong on both accounts. It was busy, very busy and it was a small workout room, which was quite different than yesterday's exercise room. They had very little and I was thankful that 1 of the 2 treadmills were open.

I did my pre-run walk at 2.5 speed until I reached 0.10 mile and then I kicked it up to 5.0. It was hot in there and everyone was steaming up the place with their sweat and breathing. The television was on, but it was the stock market type news (BORING); however, I didn't have control and just tried to focus on it. When I got to 0.30 mile, I decreased the speed to 4.6 again. I am just not ready for a higher speed. But I'm proud to say that at 0.90, I cranked it back up to 5.0 and then I increased the speed to 5.5 when I was at 1.07 (1 mile is actually 1.10 to add the 0.10 I did for my pre-run). I decreased the speed down to 2.5 so that I can walk until I reached 1.35. I burned a total of 126 calories, which makes more sense than yesterday's 146 (added 16 calories on my first step).

My goal for this run was to watch time so that I can see how many minutes it takes me to run a mile. Unfortunately, it's not good. I reached 10 minutes at 0.75, 13 minutes at 1 mile, and a whopping 15 minutes for 1.10 (a true mile). My total time was 18 minutes, which is just not great, but I'm working on it. I mean, I was able to increase speed at the end when I haven't yet been able to do that due to my ankle throbbing. So, that's a positive.

Afterwards, I didn't really feel comfortable doing most of my post-run workouts, because the men were there and it was close quarters. Plus, there wasn't much room nor was there anything to really hold on to for my crunches. I did watch this lady do ab work on the ball, but she looked as lost as I usually do and stopped quick. Therefore, I decided to at least use the weights since I was there. I did 3 reps of 20 squats with bicep curls using the 7.5 lb weight (they didn't have 10). I did shoulder curls (3 reps of 20) using that same weight in between each squat rep. I also did butterfly raises using the 5 lb weight, but only 3 reps of 10. My plan was just to go to the room and to perform my ab/situp workout, but I ran out of time.

My only wish is that I had brought my swimsuit so that I could get in the pool for more of a workout. Next time, I will be more prepared...and also bring my jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.