Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 25, 2010

Holy Snikes Batman! I am patting myself on the back for this day's workout. I mean, compared to other runners out there training for a marathon, this is no big deal. But for me, it's a HUGE deal. And what do you think that is? Well, I ran a whole two miles without stopping. I don't think I've ever ran a full two miles PERIOD.

And we just didn't run 2 miles; we ran alittle over 2 miles (maybe 2.2 miles). It was awesome and I felt really good about myself. Then, we walked to make it a total of three miles for this workout. Kudos to me. See picture above. To make things even better for myself, we walked to the 1 1/2 marker to turn around (halfway of a mile) and I picked up the run from the turn of the track back to the 1 mile marker. Even though I was tired and my legs were jello, I still managed to run again. Our cool down was a walk back to the picnic tables to do some post workout stretching.

Tonight we run and I'm going to go for more than 2 miles again.

Also, the evil little fairy (Jodi) informed me on our run that I'm going to do three miles next week without stopping. Oh, she's so evil. Also, next week, we are going to hit up this trail run that I found in Cypress that's about five miles. The halfway turnaround point is at a cementary in the country. That's pretty cool. I mean I do like looking at the soccer players, but I can't wait for a change of scenery. I won't be running the full five miles, but I will walk the hell out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.