Friday, June 18, 2010

Early Morning Dropzone Run

Since this week was all messed up, I felt I had to run on Friday to make up for the lack of exercising. However, I came to the dropzone last night and knew that I had a good chance of demotivating myself not to run before the big boogie, which starts today. I decided to enlist my friend MaloRee (yes, that's how you spell her name) to run with me. She is home now for good from college and her trips. We have discussed her joining us on our runs or at least just exercising with me for some time. Today was the day, so I told her to be here at 7 a.m. for our run.

At 6:35 a.m., I sent her a text to find out if she was actually going to come since I wasn't going to wake up if she wasn't here. Don't judge me with your judged eyes. She texted me back to say that she was already here. We did some hardcore stretching since I needed it bad and headed out the door. Our run was the same 2.2 mile run that Amy and I did a couple of weeks ago.

This was by far the earliest that I have ever run and it was nice. It's still muggy outside, but it's not dying on the road hot like the afternoon runs that I am used to doing. If anything, this will make me a better runner in the fall. The colder air runs will be a piece of cake with icing on it.

At the stop sign, we started the run. We basically ran/walked the whole thing. Lots of quick stops, which is okay. We even had a sprint in there, as well. I got side cramps really bad again, which only means that I'm in full swing visit mode with Aunt Flow. I don't normally get them this bad.

Thank you to Mal for joining me and my new shorts you bought me. We are going to pick it up for next time. I need to toughen you up for Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.