Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Last Run at the Hotel...this time

Well, I'm heading home today and I only got one workout in on Tuesday morning. I woke up at 4 a.m. and sat in bed until I succumbed to just get up and go down to the gym by 5 a.m. I got there alone, but 2 other gentlemen showed up to workout, as well. I was first and able to turn on the television to what I wanted to watch and that would be Angel, my beloved David Boreanz and all-time best vampire. Edward who? Yeah, more like Edwuss.

Oh, this is a running blog.

I did some stretching and then I hopped on the treadmill. I opted out of the pre-run walk and just started running at 5.5 speed with 0% incline. I kept the information on time so I wouldn't focus so much on the distance. Although, time is not any better. I think I will try to focus on the calories instead. And at the 0.90 mile, I increased it to 6.0 speed until I reached a mile. So, that means I did 1 mile on the treadmill without stopping and at increased speeds. It was hard, I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but I just kept looking at myself in the mirror saying, "Go away fat! Go away." I tried to at least work on my stride, but I kept getting in a rhythm with the guy next to me who was obviously doing the same speed that I was doing. My overall time for the mile was 10 minutes and 40 seconds.

After I hit a mile, I decreased the speed to 3.0 and walked until I reached 1.25 miles. This was done in 17 minutes. I burned 132 calories. I then went to weights. I did 3 sets of 20 squats with bicep curls using the 10 lb weight (yup, I increased it). I also did 3 sets of 20 shoulder curls in between the squats. I did 2 sets of 20 on each leg for the reverse lunge using the 10 lb weight. I grabbed the 20 lb weight and did the arm workout thing that I do that goes behind my head. The last part was the crunches where I did 50 regular crunches, 30 side crunches (turning torso), 30 situps (but not going all the way down...better for your tummy), and 4 sets of 24 scissor ab crunch thingy.

I was hot and ready for a shower, which means a good workout. Now, I have a lot to do when I get home and hopefully, I will have time to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.