Thursday, April 14, 2011

And I'm Back in Grand Junction

I'm at the same Courtyard Marriot as last time using the same gym; however, I have plans to go hiking this weekend. For the first time, my work extended my stay until the following Wednesday and I'm taking advantage of the outdoors here in Grand Junction. My plan is to hike the Colorado State Monument (I can see it from my office window) and something called the Arches on probably Saturday (since weather looks better). And on Sunday, I plan to head to Moab (1.5 hours away) for some hiking, which has me in complete excitement right now. I can't wait for the weekend.

Anyways, you want to know about my training and not my upcoming plans. Yesterday, I woke up at 4 a.m. and just stayed in bed until 5:30 a.m. I didn't know that the hotel gym was open 24 hours or I would have gone down there sooner. There was only 1 guy in there working out in the dark, which meant that I had free reign on the treadmills. I stretched and started my run (I didn't do my pre-walk run). I set the speed at 5.0 (and switched off to 5.5 and then back to 5.0) with a 0.5% incline. I guess that because I have been traveling from San Francisco, to Houston, to Grand Junction and then still being sore from Sunday's hike (Ashley was the same way), my body was exhausted. I ran to about 0.80 of a mile and walked to 1.01 mile (set at 3.0 speed). I burned 100 calories even (which is why I went to 1.01) in 13:47 minutes (only because I walked). I then did 4 sets of 25 squats with the 5 lb weight, 3 sets of 20 butterfly arm raises, and 3 sets of 30 shoulder curls. I ran out of time and couldn't do any crunches or tummy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.