Monday, April 2, 2012

First Run Back...OK...Jog.

I finally felt strong enough to run last Friday. I finished Physical Therapy the previous Wednesday and she said I could start light running as soon as I felt comfortable. Well, I did feel comfortable.

I took Remi up to Hermann Park. At least I could use him as an excuse for my slow running and constant stopping. With my dog in tow, we headed for the short 1.5 loop in the park. I walked for awhile until I got to the caged area. I picked up the run...light light lighter jog. I took small steps and paid attention to my ankle. I tried to focus on breathing since my exercise inactivity has my endurance in a nose dive. I was already huffing and puffing like a dying woman...and I had only gone a 100 ft or so. We passed by a little Labrador mix puppy that just wanted to play with Remi; Remi didn't return the feelings, but he didn't growl at the dog. We kept on moving. We would stop, start, stop stop and then kept going on the last turn until we reached the car. I did notice my ankle hurting a bit halfway through and it didn't feel good all weekend.

However, all in all, I think I did okay. I wished it could be more, but I'm patient...I think. I wanted to run all weekend long, but my body gave out. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'm really rundown right now. I barely left my apartment all weekend and for no more than 2 hours at a time. I'm headed to the doctor to figure out what is going on with me.

I do plan to run again, but I'm also supposed to get my mother's bike this weekend. I might have to have this as an alternative if I can't get my ankle to be good.

And I know Remi was happy to have his mommy time at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.