Monday, August 8, 2011

I Finally Picked my Half Marathon

A couple of weeks ago, I found the Toughest 10K online and I basically thought it looked cool since you get to run on the Seabrook Bridge. Well, after reading some more, I found out that it's the first event in The Texas Bridge Series. After you run all three events, you get a commemorative something or other. However, when I first saw it, I didn't see a half marathon on it. I did some reading this morning and the LaPorte one that I thought was a 5k was actually a half marathon (found that out by carefully reading it). It's called the LaPorte Half Marathon.

The first event is the Toughest 10K, which is held on September 17, 2011 (concidentally, my father's birthday), in Kemah, Texas. The second event is the other The Toughest 10K Galveston, which is held on October 22, 2011. This one is what sold me, because we get to run on the Galveston Causeway. How freaking cool is that? LaPorte Half Marathon is held on December 4, 2011, in LaPorte, TX.

Why did I choose this particular event over the ones that I was wavering on:  See Jane Run (maybe do the 5K, because it does look cool and it supports women) or the Rock 'n' Roll San Antonio Marathon in November (maybe I will save this one for my full marathon)? I loved this tri-event series, because it's benefitting the towns that lost a great deal during Hurricane Ike's destruction. These events are kind of closer to my heart and they are just so unique. So, I'm signing up for them. And now, I have plenty of time to train for my half marathon.

The only question left is, Who's with me?

On a side note:  I didn't do much running or exercising in Colorado like I planned. I worked too much. What little time I had leftover was to eat and sleep. One morning, I did 50 front crunches, 2 sets of 30 second bicycle crunches, 2 sets of 30 second planks, and 2 sets of 25 situps. I also watched and performed this Stretching thing on PBS at 5:30 a.m. They had another one right afterwards that was more stretching and I did a little bit of that, as well. That's pretty much it. I'm heading to boot camp during lunch. So, if I don't return, you can call my mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.