Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hotel Running...Again

Grand Junction has become my second home (please make it my real home Mr. Bossman). I was here 3 weeks ago (no exercise) and I will be here in 3 weeks from now.

I was only able to get in one morning of exercising this trip (and it's a short trip...3 days). Yesterday morning, I planned to get up at 5 a.m. to get down for a good 3 mile run on the treadmill. However, I didn't wake up in time. I got down to the nice gym at 5:30 a.m. and just planned to do a mile and lift some weights as cross training. I turned on the TV (Home Improvement) and started walking at 2.5 mph, with an incline of 1. I walked to 0.10 miles before I increased the speed to 5.0 mph (keeping the incline of 1). Somewhere during the mile, I increased it to 5.5 mph, but I'm not sure at what distance. I ran all the way to 1.10 miles. I may have even increased it to 6.0 mph at the last tenth of the mile, but I can't remember. I then decreased the speed to 3.0 mph and walked until I reached 1.26 miles. I burned a total of 144 calories (give or take 5 calories) and I'm unsure of how many minutes it took. I think it was 15 minutes, which I need to make that better.

After I got off the treadmill, I got the 15 lb dumbbell and did 2 sets of 20 arm curls behind my head, while standing on the BOSU. This is good for working your core. I did 3 sets of 10 bicep curls, while squatting on the BOSU. I also did some shoulder curls in between. I put down the 15 lb dumbbell and grabbed the 5 lb for butterfly raises on the bench. I did 3 sets of 15 on each arm. I realized at the end that I should have used the 10 lb dumbbell. When I was done with that, then I did 2 sets of 25 ab crunches on the BOSU. Normally, I would do 30 crunches, but it's hard on that thing. My abs were burning. I got out the mat and did 2 sets of 25 bicycle crunches, 2 sets of scissors, and 2 sets of 30 second planks (the 2nd set, I moved my stomach to each side making it that much harder). After all that, I did 1 sun salutation to stretch out my back and relax.

I wanted to run this morning, but I just got a pedicure and I'm not ready to take a chance to ruin it just yet. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.