Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Walking the Dogs

Last night, I had a thought to run the loop around my apartment, but I just couldn't get myself to do it. Snce my Lady LooLoo has been sick and with eye issues, I haven't taken them (not fair if just Remington plays ball) out to play ball. So, last night, I decided to walk them the entire loop around my apartment as if I was on the run.

I would like to point out that if you are in need of fast paced walk training during your runs, then look no further. I found your answer and they are called Lady and Remington. They are excellent walk training tools to get you to push faster when taking your rest. They had me walking so fast that I thought I was going to trip over my feet. As a bonus, Lady pulls so hard, because I am obviously not keeping up with her pace (I'm trying), that it nearly takes my arm out of the socket. Then, add Remington who constantly moves from side to side in which Lady moves from side to side to counter him, it's a heavy arm workout, as well as a leg workout.

I still haven't calculated how much the loop is, but I'm pretty sure it's at least a mile. This is not so bad for a Monday evening walk. And I love my area, because everyone is out walking their dogs and have such sidewalk etiquette. I guess they see me with the two tasmanian devils and decide it would be easier to get out of tmy way.

Of course, Lady slows down to calm walking on in the end of our walk. It was a great exercise and good to get out with the pack. They were tired and panting at the end; I was sweaty and feeling it in my legs and my arm.


Lady in her favorite thing, the pool. Look at those strong legs and determination to never quit that will help any up and coming runner.

Drill Sergeant Remington poised for action to take on any runner that tries to wuss out!

On a side note, I did 50 front crunches, 30 side crunches (each side), 2 sets of 25 situps, and 2 sets of 30 second planks on Monday morning. I read Runner's World (yup, still reading it) and it gave me another suggestion. So, this morning, I did 50 front crunches, 2 sets of 30 second bicycle crunches instead of the side crunches (much better), 2 sets of 25 situps, and 2 sets of 30 second planks. I'm feeling it in my tummy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.