Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Walking the Dogs

Currently, the only real exercise that I'm doing involves my dogs. Now that I'm in a condo instead of my house (with huge backyard), I have to take my dogs out for walks and exercises. I don't take them far, because my back injury hasn't really allowed it. Although, today is going to change that fact. Mostly, I take them walking around the condo complex, which is an arm exercise for sure. My dogs are so new to this (especially Remington who has only lived in a house) and constantly here and there and everywhere. They move so much and I get an arm workout everytime. Also, I throw the ball for them once a day for about 15 minutes. Sometimes, it is more, sometimes, it is less. They aren't used to this much exercise and pooped by the time that 15 minutes is up. In fact, there have been times that I had to forceably get Remington to get up off the ground since he refuses to move. Today, I'm going to try to take the dogs to the dog park about a mile away. My back is slowly getting better and hopefully, strong enough to handle this walk. It will be a great leg and arm exercise. Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.