Wednesday, May 18, 2011

London Calling

I'm England Bound tomorrow for 2 weeks of craziness across the pond. I have been looking forward to this trip since I haphazardly planned it a couple of months ago. However, I have been planning a backpacking trip around Europe since I was in college and it didn't happen. So, I decided that since I can't do that anymore (being a working woman and all), I will take shorter trips and just explore one country.

I am not planning to run, but I will try. However, I will be walking EVERYWHERE and sometimes with a backpack. Yes, I know it will be rough since my back is not completely healed from the car accident. So, that's going to be lots of exercise for me. I'm bringing my new Northface walking tennis shoes (and I can run in them) that I bought in California. If I feel good, I will take a run or two or three.

What's great about London is there is a park every mile or so (that's what it seems like anyways). Main parks that I will hit will be Hyde Park, Jubilee Park (by my hostel), and the really BEAUTIFUL Regent Park. I remembered looking up this park and they have awesome run routes online. It will be sad if I can't, but I will be walking and that's something.

I'm not sure the other activities that I'm going to do there. One of the towns I'm stopping at has lots of activity like hiking, skydiving, kayaking, etc. Too bad, I am not bringing my skydiving gear or I would so go there.

Wish me luck and I will try to keep everyone posted as much as I can. CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.