Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Walking to the Grocery Store

I haven't walked to a grocery store since I was kid when I biked and walked everywhere mainly because our grocery store was on the edge of our neighborhood. I haven't had that luxery for some time now and it's gotten even hotter during the summer. Last night, I didn't have an ingredient for my dinner and decided that I would go to the store. I almost picked up my keys and said, "No way. I think I'm going to walk." The Kroger's is probably a mile a way (roundtrip) and it wasn't too hot just yet. I also picked up a store bag that my sister-in-law gave me to put groceries in when shopping. So, not only did I get a mile walk of exercise, but I also was doing something for the environment. My legs were a little sore when I got back.

I only wish I could run again. I'm getting close though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.