Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MRI Results

Well, I do have a ligament tear in my ankle. However, my Doctor doesn't feel it's necessary for surgery. So, he requested that I do 4 weeks of Physical Therapy. If it doesn't get better, than yes, I will be in surgery. Even said that I can wear a lace ankle brace instead of the very large air cast I have been wearing. I don't feel so protected though.

Since I can't run in the half marathon in 2 weeks, even though I have been training for it and wanting it for some time, I might run the Zooma Austin Half Marathon & 5K race in Austin, TX. It's in April and I should have plenty of time to train if I get rehabbed in 4 weeks like the good Doctor says. My friend Penny (also a skydiver) is planning to do this and asked me to join her. It's a trail run, which I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing for my first half marathon. I'm willing to give it a shot, because they will have post-race massages, wine, and live music. It's supposed to be something for the ladies. Plus, it's in a beautiful area of Bastrop (30 minutes south of Austin). My mom is already excited about getting photos. So, it's on my radar. I will have to see how Physical Therapy goes.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking of staying at the resort. Wine and a massage would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the physical therapy. I had a ligament tear a few years back, and the MRI showed it wasn't serious. It took longer than I expected for it to heal (mostly because I'm stubborn and tried to exercise) , but I ended up not needing the surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.