Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Found Me a Headband

Once (maybe twice) a year, I get a haircut...very short. I swear this is important. Needless to say, my bangs and overall hair is short. This makes it hard to exercise, but I usually just throw a hat on when I run...problem solved...VIOLA! However, I started yoga and personal training. My hair was all in my face and when you are doing hot yoga, that's a hot sweaty mess sticking to your cheek. Nobody likes that and nobody wants to see that look.

So, I was on Facebook strolling through the newsfeed when I saw one of my friends like BolderBands. Hmmm....so, I clicked away and watched the video and looked at stuff. I initially liked the width and style and then I liked their page as a bookmark to maybe purchase later.

But I finally had enough with my hair and decided to purchase a pair. They were more than what I usually would pay for a headband ($15), especially one I didn't try on first. However, I had to bite the bullet and get them. I immediately saw G.I. Jill and knew I found my match. Jim thought they were just me.

Yeah, it's perfect.
I got them relatively quickly and tried G.I. Jill on a three mile run at Hermann Park. It was a colder run, which meant I could use them as ear protection, as well as a get em out of my face holder band.




Right away, I noticed that the band didn't move at all like my other small, thin head bands. It just stayed on my forehead. And as a bonus, it kept the sweat from dripping down in my eyes. My only issue was as I got warm from the run, the headband was hot against my head. It wasn't an issue now, but it could be in the Texas summer months. I'm pretty sure that it won't be a big deal. 

I then took my new head band to the gym to see how it worked in a different setting. I'm not one to take selfies at the gym, but this was for the post. I only did it during my warmups where I had my arms free to work. 

I may look like I'm lying down at the gym, but I'm actually doing a warmup with my legs.
Getting ready to do a bird dog. 
My last test was at hot yoga. G.I. Jill worked like a champ. I didn't have any sweat stinging my eyes. I look forward to purchasing some more later, because I need to wash them.

Mary mentioned that she could wear these skydiving. I believe these would perfect to wear underneath my helmet. I will test this out during the summer and give an update.

And since this is a product post, I thought I would mention my new Brooks Pure Cadence. I just wished they weren't pink, but this is the only color in my size. UGH!

They still look nice. 

You can use me as a shoe stand, but soon, I want to run with you.

I took this picture of Remington on our walk the other day. If you look closely, you can see the moon. 

Right now, I'm dealing with some back issues and took a break from everything. I did do a light swim yesterday and today, but that's it. So, here's hoping I get through this quickly, because I have a half marathon in two weeks. EEK!

7 comments:

  1. I may have to try these out! Even "no-slip" headbands slip off of my head and it always just leaves me frustrated. Thanks for the info! Also, I hope your back heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison. I think these headbands are great. I'm totally a supporter.

      Delete
  2. I love the headband! I need to buy a couple for the summer. Can't wait to hear about your half!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm going to need me a couple so I can wash them.

      Delete
  3. Wow, I love this! You look great! I am back to short hair, too, and have the same hair-in-the-face issues. Barrettes don't cut it. This is a great solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are really great and I highly recommend them.

      Delete
  4. I used to not be a headband girl until I found these bands. I really dig them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.