Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Time is Ticking Away

So, I'm still incapcitated right now. It's been 6 weeks and this darn ankle will not heal. In fact, yesterday and today have been the worst days in the last couple of weeks that I have had (and I was in the mountains last week wearing steel toed boots). I'm trying to get in to see my doctor, because something is not right. I can't keep taking Ibuprofin everyday and elevating and icing my foot. The only problem is that this doctor (the only doctor)requires me to have my insurance information right now before I can make an appointment. Well, I don't have that just yet since I just started my new job. I haven't gotten my cards yet and couldn't give them the information. And I can't just tell them that I will have that when I get there; they will mark me as open pay and I will have to stay as open pay (paying without insurance...ouch!).

So, here I am ranting like a mad women and trying to figure out what I am going to do now. My weeks are just widdling away giving me less time to train before my big half marathon (thank God, I didn't sign up for the marathon). I want to exercise my other body parts like my ever growing belly (which is getting bigger again), but my ankle has just been so...well...it feels like I am carrying around a 5,000 ton cement block on my foot. I already get up far too early in the morning to exercise (barely surviving the wake up call for work) and I'm too drained from the day to exercise when I get home. Oh and just awesome news to top everything else, I'm getting sick. I thought I was just dealing with the nose and can't breath issue when I was in Colorado last week, but today...today, I am scratchy, clammy, freaking cold, hot skin to the touch, and flushed. I have our annual Christmas party in 4 days. UGH! At least, I hope, it's not the deadly virus in the book The Stand.

I'm done with my rant now, but I wanted everyone to know what was going on with me and why I haven't posted anything. I will say that I'm thankfully only 139 lbs and that's because I noticed that I was eating and eating and eating (which led me to another thought that my husband would be so happy to hear, but it wasn't); so, I started to scale down on my eating.

I'll let y'all know when training and anything new happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.