Monday, December 13, 2010

Jodi to the Rescue

Jodi, my running partner, finally gave me her air cast to wear for my ankle.
It's really easy to put on and I think it's making a difference.
Well, I'm not totally sure since I'm still swollen and right now, I have been at work for 4 hours and feeling the pain. But hopefully, it's going to heal it. I'm seriously getting tired of this ankle situation.

Why is it that everytime I have something happen with my feet, it takes forever to heal? I had my bunion removed on my right foot last year about this time, which caused me to miss the Chevron 5K run that I signed up for and couldn't go. . Well, that thing took 4months to heal when it should be 6-8 weeks. Although, I had a pretty messed up bunion that should have been removed 2 years ago when I started feeling pain, but just didn't do it. And why is it that everytime I sign up for this Chevron run event, something happens to my feet? My husband is telling me now that there is a chance I'm not going to be able to do the run because I won't be healed in time to really train. He's thinking this will last until January. And by the way, he used to work on bones for a living.

If I have to miss this, then the Rock N Roll Marathon in N'awlins, here I come.

On a side note, the Badder Santa Party this year was epic...the wildest that I have ever seen it. We had freaking bagpipes played. Send me your email if you want to go next year.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how bad your ankle is. You need to see a doctor immediately, insurance or not. I'm very worried about this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.