Monday, October 13, 2014

September Plank Challenge Update

In September, I entered into another Plank Challenge hosted by Dannii at Hungry, Healthy, Happy. I did do this challenge, but September was such a crazy month for me that I just didn't have time to do an update on the blog with how I did on this particular plank challenge. I had to have emergency minor surgery on the day I planned to do an update. Then, work got super busy. But now, I'm finally doing an update.

I was super excited about this challenge, because I absolutely loved the July Challenge. Although, I will admit to being nervous about going for a 5 minute plank.

So, how did I do? Well, I will tell you that I never made it to 5 minutes. The challenge was just too aggressive for me. I managed to make it 2 min, 30 sec for a plank one time and after that, I just couldn't make it happen. However, this challenge was not a complete bust for me. I took my meager 1 minute planks to 2 minutes planks on an everyday basis when I couldn't even get a 1 min, 30 sec plank during July's challenge. I will take that success.

Even though I didn't quite make this challenge work for me, I upped my plank time. I also decided to make this an end of the year goal. I will spend from now until December 31, working on completing a 5 minute plank. I think this is a good challenge for me that gives me a slower time to make it happen. Each week, I will add 10 seconds to each plank until I reach 5 minutes.

Do I have an addiction to planks? Do you? Join me.

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you didn't make it to 5 minutes, but at least you increased your plank time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay. It was fun to try and yes, I increased the time.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on increasing your plank hold time! Five minutes is a long time and I'm sure you have really great core strength from 2.5 minutes, which is also a really long time! Good luck on meeting your five minute goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth. I will work on it and see where I get.

      Delete
  3. It really is a long time. I'm just hoping I survive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! Planking for one minute seems torturous enough! Kudos to you! 2.5 minutes is super impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison. It's all torturous no matter how you do it. LOL!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.