Friday, February 3, 2012

Still Doing Something

Due to my ankle surgery, I haven't been able to do much working out. I have read many magazines on health, such as Women's Health, Yoga, and Runner's World (UK version). I guess that should count, shouldn't it?


Other than, that, I haven't done any running. I have tried to eat healthy as much as I can. It has been hard since I live alone. I need to have make ready things available, which means more processed and packaged food items that are usually unhealthy. I did try to buy some healthier options (such as Jimmy Deans new breakfast sammiches of turkey sausage, wheat muffin, egg whites, and swiss cheese) as much as I could, but I also noticed an increase in sweets. I guess when you are down and out, people bring you cookies and pies (which I finished off last night) and cupcakes and more cookies.


Even though I'm not my runs like usual, I am getting an arm workout on the crutches. I swear, those are the best ever to fight flabby arms. I've only been on them for 10 days and already my arm muscles have bulged and I have less chicken flabby wings going. So, I will have to say that if you have a spare set of crutches lying around, use them for a day or two.


And since I'm now in a boot and can walk with both legs (even though it's not full weight on both legs), I have started situps again in the morning. I usually don't have time to do a full ab workout, because I have to get on the Game Ready machine for 15 minutes (an ice compression machine) and I'm still slow moving. However, for the last 2 mornings, I have done 40 situps. Next week, I plan to start doing more. Hopefully, this will slow down my walrus exceeding waistline at least somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.