Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Quick Update

I'm still not out of the water with this ankle stuff. My final follow-up appointment (and cross fingers I remove this boot for good) is not until March 2, 2012. I'm so very hopeful that I'm going to be done soon. I even think that if I had my appointment this week, I might be told that I can take it off. However, I'm not going to, because I don't want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery. Plus, I'm going out of town this weekend, which will include lots of walking.

But in my attempt to help my body, I'm still doing lots of tummy work every day. I complete 25 situps, two sets of 50 front crunches, and two sets of 30 bicycle crunches. I just recently moved up to 100 crunches total and I'm happy about it. I don't feel like my tummy is getting smaller, because I eat desserts to blow what I have done right out of the water. But at least I'm doing something. I have also done PT on my foot using the exercises from before. I'm not sure if it's helping or not really. Sometimes I think it is and then other times, my ankle is still very stiff.

I'm hoping to start running again in march and I wish I could be ready to skydive by Safety Day (March 2012), but I'm not holding my breath.

Wish me luck on my appointment everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Suck it up. That pain will only make you stronger. Maybe you should attend a church. You got this Kris. I believe in you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I will respond shortly.